DANBURY, Conn., March 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Cartus Corporation, a leading provider of global relocation services, has been named a platinum-level Healthy Workplace Employer by The Business Council of Fairfield County (Connecticut). Winners of the platinum-, gold-, silver- and bronze-level awards were honored by The Business Council at a luncheon on February 25, 2017.
The Business Council of Fairfield County recognizes the efforts of area employers who understand the competitive advantage of a healthy workforce and who have implemented a diverse range of programs to promote a healthy workplace and assist their employees to live healthier lives. The recognition program is presented by The Business Council’s Wellness Roundtable, with the generous support of Key Insurance Benefits & Services, Nestlé Waters North America, UnitedHealthcare of CT, Inc and Webster Bank.
Asked to describe Cartus’ wellness programs, Amy Meichner, senior vice president, human resources, said, "Our company tagline, ‘Trusted guidance – for every move you make,’ isn’t just an indication of how we manage our clients’ employee relocations, it also aptly describes how we treat our own employees. For every move our employees make toward healthier and more balanced lifestyles, Cartus’ Wellness Program supports them through flexible offerings for physical fitness, nutritional health and mental/spiritual well-being."
To accomplish this, Meichner continued, Cartus has established the following:
- A wellness center staffed with a physician’s assistant who provides complimentary onsite health services to employees, and additional services including: a prescription-delivery program, travel immunization program and wellness and health fairs
- An onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art machines, group classes, personal training and massage therapy sessions
- A meditation garden as a retreat for employees wishing to decompress and experience the benefits of this growing movement
- Crisis management initiatives, including preventing workplace violence and planning for infectious disease outbreak
- Wellness and work-life initiatives, including: monthly wellness newsletters, Lunch & Learn informational sessions, illness support groups, workout clubs and awareness-raising events
- Discounted medical plans, awarded to employees who chose a healthy lifestyle and complete a health assessment, and preventive care services that are covered at 100 percent
- A health and safety program committee, which offers CPR and AED training and strives to reduce the number of accidents, injuries, and illnesses to enhance well-being within the workplace
"At Cartus, we’re in the business of helping people, and the welfare of our employees is a top priority," Meichner continued. "By supporting our employees as they strive to lead healthier, more balanced lives, we are supporting a happier, more productive workforce – and staff members who look forward to coming in to work."
For more than 60 years, Cartus has provided trusted guidance to organizations of all types and sizes that require global relocation solutions. Cartus serves more than half of the Fortune 50 and in 2015 moved employees into and out of 185 countries, providing the full spectrum of relocation services, including language and intercultural training. Cartus is part of Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), a global leader in real estate franchising and provider of real estate brokerage, relocation and settlement services. To find out how our greater experience, reach, and hands-on guidance can help your company, visit www.cartus.com; read our blog; or click www.realogy.com for more information.
For Immediate Release / Contact:
Alison Sedney at 203.205.3739
LisaMarie DeSanto at 203.205.2927