EMERYVILLE, Calif. and MADISON, N.J., June 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Global real estate leader Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) today announced the formation of ZapLabs LLC as the company’s innovation and technology hub. Formerly operated as ZipRealty’s technology development group, the company’s new positioning as ZapLabs more clearly identifies its focus on accelerating change within the real estate industry, and also distinguishes it from the existing ZipRealty residential real estate brokerage operations that will continue to be operated under that name by Realogy.
Realogy acquired ZipRealty in August 2014, including its company-owned brokerage offices and technology development operations. The company’s flagship technology platform, Zap®, has since become a key differentiator for Realogy’s franchise brands. Going forward, ZapLabs will expand the scope of its technology development efforts to encompass all of Realogy’s business segments.
Headquartered in Emeryville, California, ZapLabs is well-positioned to build on its technical expertise and continue to foster a culture of innovation among its employees who deliver intuitive solutions that add real value to the experience of buying, selling and owning a home.
- "Our new branding as ZapLabs reflects our accelerated drive to innovate, create and bring transformation to the business of real estate. More than 48,000 real estate agents affiliated with a Realogy brand are already using Zap, our flagship technology solution, and that is just the beginning. Every day we continue to deliver the Zap ecosystem deeper into Realogy’s franchise networks – and we are passionate about developing new technologies that have the power to transform the consumer experience."
– Jamie Wilson, President and CEO, ZapLabs
- "We are all about creating meaningful and effective technology solutions for affiliated brokers and agents so they can offer a cutting-edge experience for the online consumer, and our new company name reflects that mission. We will always be proud of our founding DNA as a real estate brokerage."
– Jake Lyman, Chief Product Operations Officer, ZapLabs
- "It’s important for Realogy to have its technology development hub located in the heart of tech innovation – the San Francisco Bay Area. While ZapLabs is currently focused on the successful rollout of the Zap platform across our franchise brands, eventually it will focus its creative energy on the application of emerging technologies more broadly."
– Richard A. Smith, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, Realogy Holdings Corp.
- "ZapLabs serves as a supercharged engine for technology and innovation at Realogy. These talented individuals are above all, problem-solvers and innovators, and we look forward to their exciting, new contributions in the future."
– Alex Perriello, President and Chief Executive Officer, Realogy Franchise Group
The Zap® Platform:
The proprietary Zap platform is the highlight of ZapLabs’ technology offerings and, year-to-date, Zap has been rolled out to over 880 Realogy brand-affiliated brokerages and over 48,000 sales associates across the nation. The fully integrated Zap platform currently includes:
- Zap broker and agent websites
- Zap Customer Relationship Management Tool (ZapCRM)
- Zap Mobile CRM (iOS and Android)
- Zap Mobile app (iOS and Android for consumers)
- ZapLeadsSM, a search-engine marketing (SEM) program for lead generation
- ZapStoreSM, a first-of-its-kind real estate appstore of third-party technology providers
Connect With Us:
Visit the new zaplabs.com website to learn more about the company’s solutions. You can also connect with ZapLabs on Twitter (@zap_labs).
About ZapLabs LLC
ZapLabs is the innovation and technology hub for global real estate leader Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), and the driving force behind inventive technology for brokers and agents affiliated with Realogy’s world renowned real estate brands. ZapLabs delivers its highly effective consumer, sales associate and broker solutions in support of Realogy’s leading franchise brands and is positioned to expand the scope of its technology development efforts to encompass Realogy’s other business segments, including residential brokerage, relocation and settlement services. ZapLabs is headquartered in Emeryville, California.
About Realogy Holdings Corp.
Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) is a global leader in residential real estate franchising and brokerage with many of the best-known industry brands including Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, The Corcoran Group®, ERA®, Sotheby’s International Realty® and ZipRealty®. Collectively, Realogy’s franchise system members operate approximately 13,600 offices with more than 257,200 independent sales associates conducting business in 110 countries and territories around the world. NRT LLC, Realogy’s company-owned real estate brokerage, is the largest residential brokerage company in the United States, operates under several of Realogy’s brands and also provides related residential real estate services. Realogy also owns Cartus, a prominent worldwide provider of relocation services to corporate and affinity clients, Title Resource Group (TRG), a leading provider of title, settlement and underwriting services and ZapLabsSM, its innovation and technology development subsidiary. Realogy is headquartered in Madison, New Jersey.
(973) 407-7215 – office
(973) 727-0982 – mobile
SOURCE Realogy Holdings Corp.