MADISON, N.J., Oct. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC has announced an exclusive alliance with the Nikkei, the most influential news publication in Japan, through the end of 2017. The alliance enables the luxury residential real estate brand to generate Japanese buyer interest through the Nikkei‘s digital platform which reaches over 29 million monthly readers. The Sotheby’s International Realty® brand is the first real estate brand to present property listings outside of Japan to readers of the Nikkei, giving Japanese consumers access to residential real estate offerings in nearly 70 countries and territories.
Japan has one of the largest and strongest economies in the world.
- The yen appreciation moved Japan back into second place in 2016 in the global rankings of aggregate wealth, only behind the United States. i
- Japan recorded the largest rise in UHNW wealth of all the Asian countries, boosted by the strength of the safe-haven Japanese yen, which even appreciated against the dollar.ii
Japanese Real Estate Buyers
- 93.5% of all property searches originating in Japan are searching internationallyiii. By being the first real estate brand to showcase properties from outside of Japan to readers of the Nikkei, the Sotheby’s International Realty brand is offering unprecedented access to a virtually untapped global market.
- Top three international cities consumers in Japan are searching for: New York, London and Malibu.iv
Details of the Alliance
The Sotheby’s International Realty brand alliance with the Nikkei includes the following components:
- Property Search – Sotheby’s International Realty property listings and high-definition videography will be translated and syndicated to a dedicated page on the Nikkei property listing site
- Native Advertising – Sotheby’s International Realty will create custom branded editorial content that will be translated and promoted on the Nikkei property listing site
- Brand Advertising – the Sotheby’s International Realty brand will run banner ad units across the Nikkei‘s online edition (nikkei.com) and property listing pages
"The Nikkei is the most widely circulated daily business publication in the worldv and reaches an audience of highly-educated affluent Japanese consumers. A presence on the Nikkei furthers our strategy to showcase the most exciting properties in the world to an audience of highly-qualified real estate intenders. As the first real estate brand to promote properties outside of Japan through the Nikkei, we quickly realized what an amazing opportunity we had to support our substantial expansion in the Asia Pacific region."
"The Sotheby’s International Realty brand is unrivaled in its reach to real estate intenders in the Asia Pacific region. In addition to our alliance with the Nikkei, the brand also has existing partnerships with Juwai, MyFun and WeChat, all of which offer unprecedented access to Asian consumers. The opportunities afforded to us with these key regional players is a testament to the strength and power of the Sotheby’s International Realty brand."
— Kevin Thompson, chief marketing officer, Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC
The Sotheby’s International Realty network currently has approximately 21,000 affiliated independent sales associates located in over 900 offices in 68 countries and territories worldwide. In 2016, the brand achieved a record global sales volume of $95 billion USD. Sotheby’s International Realty listings are marketed on the sothebysrealty.com global website. In addition to the referral opportunities and widened exposure generated from this source, the brand’s brokers and clients benefit from an association with the Sotheby’s auction house and worldwide Sotheby’s International Realty marketing programs. Each office is independently owned and operated.
About Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC
Founded in 1976 to provide independent brokerages with a powerful marketing and referral program for luxury listings, the Sotheby’s International Realty network was designed to connect the finest independent real estate companies to the most prestigious clientele in the world. Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC is a subsidiary of Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), a global leader in real estate franchising and provider of real estate brokerage, relocation and settlement services. In February 2004, Realogy entered into a long-term strategic alliance with Sotheby’s, the operator of the auction house. The agreement provided for the licensing of the Sotheby’s International Realty name and the development of a full franchise system. Affiliations in the system are granted only to brokerages and individuals meeting strict qualifications. Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC supports its affiliates with a host of operational, marketing, recruiting, educational and business development resources. Franchise affiliates also benefit from an association with the venerable Sotheby’s auction house, established in 1744. For more information, visit www.sothebysrealty.com.
Director, Public Relations & Communications
Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC
175 Park Avenue
Madison, NJ 07940
i Credit Suisse, Global Wealth Report 2016
ii Wealth X, World Ultra Wealth Report 2017
iii Mansion Global, website statistics, August 11, 2017-September 11, 2017
iv PropGo, listing service data, 2017
v Nikkei, The Nikkei MEDIA DATA 2017
SOURCE Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliates LLC